“The Missing Link: Skills and Strategies for Professional Interpreters” is a customized training designed for community or staff interpreters, bilingual employees, and volunteers who serve healthcare, social services, and education service providers and their clients.
As a participant in The Missing Link, you will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Basic Interpreting Skills: roles of the interpreter, ethics and conduct, techniques, sight translation, intervention, session management
- Compare and Contrast: community (healthcare, social services, and education) and legal interpreting
- Healthcare: culture of medicine, anatomy, physiology, medical problems and procedures, and medical vocabulary
- Culture in Interpreting: self-awareness, basic elements of culture, cultural competence, and traditional beliefs and practices
- Communication Skills: listening and advocacy skills
The Missing Link is available in either a 2-day or 3-day format and is customized to meet the specific needs and requirements of our clients.
For more information or to schedule a training for your organization, please contact Jonathan Boydston, Program Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (303) 831-4151 (Toll Free: 1 (888) 499-7996).